Cubicles are typically used in office settings to create a private workspace for many employees, without having to sacrifice valuable space to creating private offices. Each employee is given an area with temporary walls so they feel they have their own space and are not constantly being watched the way they might be, if they were in a general area with open desks.
This also allows employers to supply their work staff with necessary items-- such as file cabinets or personal printers, because with cubicles there will be much more space that can be dedicated to personal belongings.
The idea behind creating a private workspace is to cut down on the distractions that can hurt productivity. Cubicles can help block out noise and visual cues that can be irritating when an employee is trying to get things done at their desk.
With a proper layout for your office, the manager will still be able to see what is going on inside each private work space without having to stand over someone’s shoulder. This gives your employees a sense of dignity, because they will feel like they are being given the opportunity to do their job, without having to be micromanaged by their supervisor, which is also shown to increase productivity.
There are some notable advantages to employing a cubicle system within the workplace that many employers wish to take advantage of.
- Office cubicles provide a private area to store files and documents
- Employees can easily keep in contact due to the open space
- The lightweight design makes it easy to reorganize the office at any time
- Soundproof materials can cut down on background noise which can be distracting
Cubicles offer employees a degree of privacy and personal space they can call their own. Depending on your office regulations, cubicles can be painted in different colors to add a vibrant look to the space or your employees can decorate the walls with personal mementos to make the space feel more inviting.
Setting Up Your Workspace
In order to create an office environment that maximized usable space, cubicles need to be set up correctly.
- Determine how many cubicles you need based on the number of employees so you know what size units will be appropriate
- Map out your office space, including windows stairs and the like to determine where units can be safely placed
- Reduce energy costs by arranging work spaces around existing electrical outlets or phone jacks
- Configure an arrangement for personal workspaces that allows plenty of privacy but still encourages communication
- Personalize each workspace with cubicle décor to make your employees feel comfortable
If you need your office cubicles fast, please give us a call or fill out an Insta-Quote online! Our in-house experts can create a block plan for you within 24 hours. Once that is
done, you are ready to order your call center furniture and get it installed. We will work with you to ensure that you get the best installer in your area and are completely satisfied
with your call center office furniture.